Pet Parent Courses
INTRODUCTION TO CANINE MASSAGE
This course is perfect for providing pet parents with basic at-home massage techniques that they can utilize between professional sessions!
We are so excited to be instructing community classes for pet parents at the Colorado School of Animal Massage! This course is specifically designed for animal caregivers interested in bringing the healing modality of massage home to their dogs (or cats!) at home.
Classroom time: 4 classroom hours (+ 1hour lunch break)
Cost: $175.00 (Summer discount applied! Regular cost = $225)
AT- HOME MASSAGE BENEFITS
At-home massage can be used for numerous situations and animal life-styles such as:
- Pain control for arthritis
- Faster recovery times after surgery or injury
- Relief for anxiety, stress or grief
- Improved human-animal bonding
- Pre- and post-workout for athletic animals
- Palliative & hospice comfort care
This course will cover the following topics:
- History of massage
- Physiology of massage
- Practical canine anatomy
- Body mechanics & safety
- Basic massage techniques and strokes
- Massage sequence & hands on practice!
- Education & Experience: None
- Age: at least 18 years old at time of enrollment
- Note-taking supplies (pen & paper)