DOGS ARE AMAZING!
We ask so much out of our dogs, sometimes without even knowing it (myself included!). Our dogs will give and give and give – for the sake of fun, socialization, to please you and to please themselves. All dogs enjoy their jobs, and active dogs tend to take their job very seriously. Whatever the job is, chances are your dog is ready to roll right when you pull out the leash and collar. Since our dogs are some of the most enthusiastic and loyal companions most of us will ever know, we often forget that they need preventative bodywork, just like us. Even as a canine body practitioner, I forget this (I forget this for myself too)!
Active Dogs Include Dogs That Enjoy:
- Work (i.e.: hunting dogs, herding dogs, service dogs).
- Hiking or backpacking.
- Regular visits to the dog park.
Often times, massage therapy is used for senior dogs, or dogs in need of emotional support. While these dogs absolutely benefit from massage therapy, I hope that we won’t overlook our active and healthy pups too.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE:
- Preventative care
- Warm up muscles
- Prevent injury
- Decrease recovery time
- Localize tension
- Educate guardian
- Promote flexibility
CREATE A TEAM FOR YOUR DOG!
For many reasons (such as finances, time and resources), this may take awhile. But have the goal to create a team for your active pup. Having a team helps both you and your dog feel supported in every aspect of health.
AN OPTIMAL TEAM SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Veterinary Care: Often times, if possible, more than one veterinarian and veterinary technician on your team is best!
- Canine Bodywork: Massage therapy, acupressure, acupuncture, chiropractic, and laser therapy.
- Training Team: For basic manners, mental and physical health and stimulation, and core strengthening exercises (such as Fit Paws)
Peak Animal Wellness and Massage would be honored and excited to help you and your active dog. Send us a should out or check for more information on how to schedule your pup for an initial massage therapy session.
Questions? Comment away!
Lots of Wags and Kisses,